Why doesn't flash have this feature? That sounds like an excellent way to
control vectors...

I will go ahead and argue that the MovieClip has too much functionality, the
API is too big now. There should be a Vector class which with the MovieClip
class composes vector graphic interactivity, like the MovieClip/bitmapData
class composition. This way, the MovieClip class would handle the complex of
time, and the Vector class the complex of space. I would even argue that the
interactivity should be assigned to a seperate class. You could then use the
interactivity class (basically, Mouse/Key class) with the vector class to
compose static, vector based websites, or bitmap based websites using Flash.
If you decide to incorporate MovieClips into your composition, then you
could incorporate animations. This would even give more meaning to
components.

This would seem to complicate things, but given the proper categorization, I
find that it would simplify through complexity.

Ok enough of my rambling.

M.