Please post this on the ActionStep list and we'll help you out.

http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=130597

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Aaron
Smith
Sent: March 11, 2006 4:54 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] ActionStep, help compiling examples.

i'm having some troubles compiling the examples in 'test/src'

I downloaded alpha 1 from actionstep site. I then followed the
quickstart guide on OSFlash. I had everything already. except the ruby
debugger.. but i'm not worrying about that until I can at least get
these examples and something on my own working. The problem i'm having
is just trying to figure out what all needs to be compiled an how to do
it all with mtasc. I looked at the build.bat and buildExample.bat files.

Those are simple mtasc commands and the output swf works. I tried just
doing an mtasc command on 'calcSample'. it spits out a swf but the only
thing the swf has is a text field that says 'loading...' i'm missing
something somewhere....

here is the mtasc command i'm trying for the calc example:

mtasc -header 600:500:31 -version 8 -main -strict -trace
org.actionstep.ASDebugger.debugPaneITrace -swf calc.swf -cp "src" -cp
"test\src" calcSample\Main

I can't figure out what i'm missing.. calc.asml?

Also, I did manage to build the ActionStep.swf library swf but not sure
how to use it in combination with the above. I think i'm supposed to..

sorry about the newbie question, i'm just new to actionstep.... any help
or other tutorials would be sweet!!!!..

..not sure if neccessary.. but I do have ANT. the OSFlash stuff was
using ANT.. but everything so far is just basic mtasc commands.. i'm
just trying to get something working first before I use ANT.