I came across and have been reading a copy of AdvancED components from
friends of Ed and thus far I am enjoying it but have a question that I would
like to toss out to "The elders" of the Flash community for feedback.
With the introduction of Flex 2 and AS3 am I making a worthwhile investment
of my time learning things such as V2 component coding.  I know that part of
the answer is "all learning is good learning--and so on" but I also remember
mention that the Flex components would essentially be replacing the V2 set.

Is the knowledge gained working with V2 going to help me with using the Flex
component set because of the many similarities in certain aspects of the API
or are differences such as the inheritance relationship such that I need to
not be putting that stuff in my brain and just bide my time with the AS3
Language reference until the Flex books start to hit the shelves.

As an additional piece of context to my motivation/goals for learning
Flash/Flex- I'm thinking as far as in the long run.  Not for jobs now but
say in a couple of years when AS3 has gone out in the world- and for
personal growth as an aspiring Flash/Flex  developer - not day to day making
a living.
As I aside note to my OT- I'm loving this trend that when you pick up the
Actionscript books nowadays they get right to the meat- Class file right out
the gates.

Thanks for listening/reading and I look forward to any insight and sharing
of feelings and crystal ball gazing that anyone can put out there.

Mani