Hmm...just tried playing flv locally on linux via a flash movie within an html page. Didn't work at all :(

Ubuntu with Firefox and Flash 7. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Did you read something somewhere stating whether or not its possible?

Chris

Alfonso Florio wrote:
A request from a client: a flash site with flv videos put on cd-rom, with index.html, no projector

the project is made in flash 7, so videos are compressed with SPARK

the cd plays well on pc and mac.

I've not tested directly, it says videos don't play locally on linux, everithing works fine (xml structure, .txt with long filenames etc.) except for the FLVs that don'tplay

I've wrote my own routines, a simple netconnection for progressive download in flash 7.

Anybody knows similar issues on linux? The on-line version works fine on linux. I have no linux machines to debug it.

Thanks in advance

Alfonso Florio