I have several fonts, and several mp3s totaling about 600k in the library, set for export on frame 1 with linkage.

----- Original Message ----- From: "eric dolecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] percent loaded?

Are you using a bunch of components? Do you have large assets with linkage
set to export on Frame1? I don't think you've given us enough information.

- e.dolecki

On 3/16/06, Edward Hotchkiss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

i guess that my code is being deleted on each enter frame. once it loads
completely, the text finally shows up, and then the next frame shows up
also. why doesnt this one frame preloader, second frame website preloader
work??? this is really bugging me, that i have to put code on a movieclip,
and i cant do it 100% AS.

function preloadMe() {
_root.onEnterFrame = function() {
     tBytes = _root.getBytesTotal();
  bLoaded = _root.getBytesLoaded();
  percent = Math.round((bLoaded/tBytes)*100);
  if (bLoaded < tBytes) {
   _root.preloader_mc.preloader_txt.text = "loading site: " + percent;
   gotoAndPlay(1);
  } else {
   _root.preloader_mc.removeMovieClip();
   _root.preloader_mc.preloader_txt.removeTextField();
   gotoAndStop(2)
  };
};
};