I believe the effect of a wait() function in Flash would cause an
application to freeze/hang. Actionscript is a single threaded language, I
don't even think a wait() type function could be implemented with sufficient
practicality. Wouldn't it just stop the entire thread from executing any
further, then resume it, leaving the state of the application identical to
the state it was in prior to calling the wait() function? Is Java not multi
threaded? Am I wrong?

M.