I suppose it's the use of variables in _global.  That's what I avoid.
Else, 5 years later, when you've got extensive classes, and something
ddoesn't work, it might be because some variables overwrite one
another in _global.  That'd take almost forever to debug.

On 3/24/06, David Stiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         In the last few days, I've seen a handful of people refer
> apologetically to use of the _global object.  To paraphrase:  "I'm in a
> situation where I have to use _global variables," or, "We all know _global
> is a no-no, but I'm tempted to use it in this one weird case," etc.  In
> general, this gives me the impression that it's fashionable here to think of
> _global as Evil -- or in the very least, yucky.
>
>         I understand why _root can be troublesome, especially in conjunction
> with dynamically loaded SWFs, but I do use it in a pinch.  I mean, heck,
> sometimes a movie is just a movie, not a portable app.
>
>         What I don't understand -- and I hasten to say I have no opinion on
> the matter, yet -- is why _global is so shunned.  After all, _global is
> exactly where AS2 classes are located.  Is this a religious issue?  Is it
> because of how _global gets shared (or not?) among dynamically loaded SWFs?
>

> David
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ramon Miguel M. Tayag
Managing Director