I've heard many developers say that once you get the concept you can
look at most Ruby code and understand what it does very quickly, even
without comments. Also the design of the language means people tend to
end up writing clean code.

I've written php for years, and only had time to have a little play
with ruby so far, but if i was in your shoes, i'd go for RoR, not
cake......

http://tryruby.hobix.com/

just my 2p

keith

On 3/24/06, Chad Royer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> even better!  It was the rails structure that was most attractive
> about RoR... I wasn't super keen on having to learn ruby, and I
> already know a bit of PHP, so this cake framework could be just what
> I was after.  I'm also already familiar with using PHP with Flash/AS,
> so it should be an easy jump, and I expect PHP will be around for a
> long time, so this also kills the 'language of the week' factor.
> I'll give it a shot...
>
> many thanks to everyone for your responses and insights
> -chad
>
> On Mar 23, 2006, at 3:06 PM, flashcoders-
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Message: 21
> > Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 06:01:13 +0700
> > From: Anggie Bratadinata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Using Flash with Ruby on Rails
> >
> > In case you didn't know ...
> > there's a PHP port of RoR, check it out at:
> > http://www.cakephp.org/
> >
> > --
> > Anggie Bratadinata
> > Web|Graphic|Flash