Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: [FlashCoders] BitmapData.dispose()

Hello,

It looks that the garbage collector deal different with BitmapData
objects. You can easily use some Gigabytes of memory putting this code
in some onEnterFrame loop for example. You can find more about this
issue on Grant Skinner blog...it was discussed there a time ago.

http://www.gskinner.com/blog/archives/2005/10/major_flash_pla.html

Good luck!

Andre