I prefer to do most everything in code, but like you the sights I've
done aren't RIAs or even close. For that reason I stuck with  AS1,
until recently. When I look back at the sites and how they were
constructed, I'm astounded at how much cleaner my sites would be, how
much time, effort, and debugging could have been saved, by using AS2
features. Once you know how to write classes for the things you do
often and how to use the classes developed by others, you'll find that
even if  you don't need the all of the oop features (inheritance,
interfaces, polymorphism, etc...), using classes is worth the trip to
AS2.

On 3/27/06, Kevin Cannon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope this isn't off-topic but I've been struggling to find the answer, and
> this list has been a great help to me over the years.
>
> I'm a designer, but often code in Flash. I'm not building huge RIAs, usually
> just adding small little bits of interactivity to sites, and building some
> multimedia interfaces and gathering data from XML etc...  Nothing hardcore,
> but a bit more that just tinkering with AS.
>
> Up until now I've always used AS1, and though I've bought Colin Moock's AS2
> book, it seems like a bit leap to make, and from what I've read it seems like
> many of the advantages of AS2 are in having proper OO, and more manageable
> code for large projects.
>
> I'm wondering if AS2 offers any advantages to me, or if sticking with AS1
> would be better. Is AS2 (and now 3) the natural progression of Flash coding,
> is there even a future for AS1, all the useful libraries seem to be AS2 only
> these days too, perhaps that alone is a reason to switch. I'm unsure as to
> what path I'm supposed to be on.
>
> Any advice you could give me would be appreciated,
>
> - Kevin

Weldon Mac Donald