Yeah, external interface works great, but it's not backward compatible to 6 or even 7 which is what we need to support.

It'll be interesting to see how fast things move.

Mike Britton wrote:
I suggest switching to the flash.external (ExternalInterface) package.
 This seems to be *the way* to do it in AS3.  I use it currently in
AS2 and it works really well.

Mike