From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of eric dolecki
Sent:   Tue 3/28/2006 2:44 PM
To:     Flashcoders mailing list
Subject:        [Flashcoders] Architecture opinion...

I'm about to create an uber-class that is basically something that controls
walkthroughs of various situations.

I have configuration states... (sets of three basically)

var CONFIG_1A :Number = 0;      // Has item A
var CONFIG_1B:Number = 1;       // Has item A and B
var CONFIG_1C:Number = 2;       // Has item A and B and C
var CONFIG_2A:Number = 3;       // Has item A and D
var CONFIG_2B:Number = 4;       // has item A and D and B
... etc. for quite a number of different configuration options. 15 of them
in total.

I am using CONFIG_ for use in if/else statements, etc. but I don't think
this is a very elegant way of doing things. I'd like the code to be readable
& this isn't much better than using simple numerals to set this up. I am
looking for opinions on how to best set this up. Something where if I wanted
to later could add CONFIG_1D and wouldn't have to renumber things. An array
of configs?

Each config setting will have different paths throughout a "tutorial". What
might be the best way to avoid having switches or if/else statements galore
at each step of the process?

Thanks - I know this is a strange request :)