Now, I always thought this couldn't be done. In the past I've designed Flash
systems that dynamically load in hundreds of swf asset files, and the
controlling container swf has instructed loaded-in swfs to attachMovie assets
in their own Library.. eg, the controller has told a loaded movie to attach and
play a Sound asset in its own Library. The attachMovie is happening within that
loaded-in movie's clip level.

However, as most Flash developers know, and the Flash documentation explains,
you cannot attach an asset in a dynamically loaded Flash movie's Library into a
clip in another Flash movie (other than the clip to which the loaded-in swf is
attached).

Sorry if that's as clear as mud.

eg, in the attachMovie doc,
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/mx2004/main_7_2/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Flash_MX_2004&file=00001487.html
someone has stuck a comment :-

"You CANNOT attachMovie with assets from a dynamically loaded library to any
other timeline than where the library was loaded.

IE:

Load your swf into _level0.mc1.mc12

you CAN attach to these locations:
_level0.mc1.mc12
_level0.mc1.mc12.mc123
_level0.mc1.mc12.mc124
_level0.mc1.mc12.mc125

you CANNOT attach from this loaded library to these locations:
_level0
_level0.mc1
_level0.mc2
_level0.mc2.mc21
and so on...."

BUT! I've heard on the grapevine that a developer who knows a developer who
knows a developer knows how to attach assets in a dynamically loaded swf's
Library into clips in the containg movie. My client has caught wind of this and
now wants me to do it... I would just dismiss it as nonsense, but there's a
sentence in Macromedia's documentation that makes me wonder (actually talking
about lockroot, which AFAIK only has the purpose of making _root references in
loaded content continue referring to that timeline..

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/mx2004/main_7_2/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Flash_MX_2004&file=00001519.html

"When calling loadMovie(), set the MovieClip._lockroot property to true in the
loader movie, as shown in the following code. If you don't set _lockroot to
true in the loader movie, the loader has access only to its own library, but
not the library in the loaded movie:"

Could this be a mistake in the documentation? If not, then HOW do you attach
stuff from one movie's Library into another movie??