The discussion on this seems to be broken into 3 groups

1. "Microsoft - how could they do this to us"
2. "Look at all the money you can make charging clients to implement the
fix"
3. "Such a nightmare to implement - panic stations!"

My thoughts/responses...

1. Microsoft didn't WANT this to happen, it's the result of trying to comply
with a law suit. As much as all you anti-microsoft people like to not
beleive this, I'm sure they're very aware of what effect this will have on
the Flash audience and are just trying to keep everyone on both sides happy

2. That's like being a funeral director and getting excited when people pass
on - not a good mentality at all.

3. 6 months from now we'll all be complaining about the next technical
issues that comes before us - probably Flash/Adodbe player issues or the
google browser not rendering flash properly ;)

Despite all the panic - Flash will live on.