What happens if you put the value in a CDATA?

Ron

Yotam Laufer wrote:
Hi List,

I've been using xfactor studio's XPath class for AS 2.0 but have been
experiencing some problems with a specific path.

I've got this XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RetrieveContent xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
    <RetrieveContentResult>
        <Assets>
            <Asset>
                <itemId>45785</itemId>
                <itemName>Volkslied</itemName>
                <Properties>
                    <Property name="Abstract">
                        <value>Wilhelmus, gezongen door Lois Lane</value>
                    </Property>
                    <Property name="ThumbnailFilename">
                        <value>
http://picsrv.dme.knvb.nl/?fif=/syndication/videos/13/36462.fpx</value>
                    </Property>
                    <Property name="Duration">
                        <value>53</value>
                    </Property>
                </Properties>
                <AssetFiles>
                    <AssetFile type="StreamFileWM2">
                        <Filename>9138387_300kbps.mov</Filename>
                        <Path></Path>
                    </AssetFile>
                    <AssetFile type="StreamFileWM3">
                        <Filename>9138387_500kbps.mov</Filename>
                        <Path></Path>
                    </AssetFile>
                    <AssetFile type="StreamFileWM4">
                        <Filename>9138387_700kbps.mov</Filename>
                        <Path></Path>
                    </AssetFile>
                </AssetFiles>
            </Asset>
        </Assets>
    </RetrieveContentResult>
</RetrieveContent>

And I'm using this:

trace (XPath.selectNodes (xml,
"//[EMAIL PROTECTED]'ThumbnailFilename']/value"));

And Flash seems to go into an infinite loop or recurssion and I get the "a
script is causing your... would you like to abort" window.
I know for a fact that it's the [EMAIL PROTECTED]'ThumbnailFilename'] part of
the path
that is causing the problem but it happens that this is why I'm using XPath
in the first place.

Has anyone had this problem before and knows a way around it?

Thanks, Yotam.