Hi all,

<The slightly OT part>

Been lurking the list for about 2 months and this far i´ve read a LOT of very
good posts here.

But this is my FIRST own contribution.

I´m perty new to this list and serious Flash development aswell.

Although i´ve got 10+ years experience with Macromedia/Adobe products (mainly
Director).

A lot of you will say finally he´s seen the light!

Maybe your right, only time will tell.

Right now i seriously feel as if i´ve taken a step back to somewhere around
Director 5.

Though i gotta say i love drawing in Flash.

Truth to tell i´ve always looked down on JS because of a lot of things, won´t
even start on why. So this far i´m spending a lot of time headbutting the
syntax ;)

So I might start of swearing about AS. But, i´ll work hard on learning to
appreciate AS, i promise.

But, i´ve been working with serious games programming in a lot of different
enviroments, so i got a more than average grasp of how to structure my code
(once i´ve managed to spell it right).

Oh, this is just me ranting.

Ok, i´ll admit it, i´ve only glanced through some flash books yet. Got 4
hopefully good ones comming this week. So this might be a tad bit premature.

But any way....

</OT>

Now to the Q´s:

If they seem stoopid, plz, let me know ;)

How do YOU work in Flash?

-Timeline

-Scripting (OOP, scope, frames)

-Tools (external scripting, other external tools)

-Built in behaviors and objects (Use / don´t use)

-Putting it all together (multiple cooks?)

How do YOU structure a project?

Let´s say i´m making a custom video interface. Pretty straightforward.

and i´ve got 1 dynamicaly loading videoclip.

1 set of player buttons (Play, Pause, Stop, FFW, REW)

1 volume control

1 animated playhead (with the posibility to drag it to any spot in the video)

I´m interested in hearing your thought on how to use Flash for development in a
time efficient and well managed way.

respectfully

Mikael Wirén