OUPS...

Change this line : MyXML.load(AppendPathFolder+ "/child.xml");

to this : MyXML.load(AppendPathFolder+ "child.xml");

and put the "/" inside the parent's PathToFolderXML variable!

Éric Thibault wrote:

I think he says that when testing the child.swf there is no error but when loaded inside the parent SWF the error shows...

The only way I manage to come over this is to test inside the child.swf if it is embeded inside another swf... if so, I modify my path to the xml.

You can also put inside the parent SWF a variable telling where is the XML folder... and if the child.swf can read that "parent" variable than set the path accordingly.

//if you have _lockroot inside your child.swf... check the synthaxe before use ;-) ...

var AppendPathFolder:String = "";

if(_root._parent.PathToFolderXML != undefined)
   AppendPathFolder = _root._parent.PathToFolderXML;

MyXML.load(AppendPathFolder+ "/child.xml");

A+

Éric.

Manuel Saint-Victor wrote:

did you try the path "./dirB/child.xml"?