Mike,

I always have to put a stop at the beginning of my mc's that are
loaded by MCL because the mc's just play when they're ready.  Then,
onLoadInit, i say mc.gotoAndPlay("start");

You might wanna put this psuedo code in your onLoadProgress:

if loadedbytes/totalbytes >= .4
then mc.gotoAndPlay("start");

On 4/8/06, Mike Guerrero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Question: How can I load only 40% of a target movieclip using the
> MovieClipLoader class?
>
> I have used several times to load swfs, but on a recent project the target
> swfs are over 4MB. So, instead of waiting for all of it to load, want it to
> start playing at around 40%. I am using onLoadInit. I think that is firing
> once the whole swf is loaded. I am probably over thinking it.
>
> Staring too much at the code,
> MikeG

Ramon Miguel M. Tayag
Managing Director