Hello Michael,

While I have never used an embedded font for a
dynamically generated text field before I have had
luck with dynamic text fields themselves created
during authortime.  Your code seems OK from what I
see. The steps I take.

1. Create the shared font symbol. New>.fla>w/in
Library>New Font>right-click>linkage>Export for
ActionScript>Runtime Sharing etc. > indentifier = name
> linkage = URL > Save > Export > Close.

2. Create file that will use above font > next > file
> open as shared library (open the shared font .fla) >
drag the fonts from shared.fla> into working .fla >
w/in Library right - click > linkage > import for
runtime sharing> identifier = same as above > linkage
= same URL.

Test it and it should work. I have a tech-note from
Macromedia I will try and find as well. As mentioned
this works for me but I have yet to try it with
RunTime generated text fields. Please see my next post
on this same subject and see if you may be able to
point me in the right direction.

broD