You are loading your images at the same time !
Load the first image and then onLoadComplete, start loading the second image...

----- Original Message ----- From: "lincoln" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:39 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] Reusing MovieClipLoader Listeners

I have a function that I'm using to preload images into a container clip using the MovieClipLoader class. The preloader works fine on the initial image but on successive calls to the function, the onLoadProgress seemingly never fires (in order to update the percentage in a textfield). However, the onLoadInit does fire and the preloader fades away. The manual says to use onLoadComplete for repeated usages of listeners, but it doesn't seem to allow me to continuously reuse the listener to load in another image. How do I set this up to allow multiple calls to the function and have the preloader fire from 0%->100%?

function preloadImage(img:String,target:MovieClip):Void{

var mclListener:Object = new Object();
var image_mcl:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
image_mcl.addListener(mclListener);

mclListener.onLoadComplete = function(target_mc:MovieClip, httpStatus:Number):Void {
// should I remove the listener here and delete the obj?
}

/*
this function never fires properly after the first call!
*/
mclListener.onLoadProgress = function(target:MovieClip, bytesLoaded:Number, bytesTotal:Number):Void {
photoLoaded = Math.round(100/bytesTotal*bytesLoaded);
MainLoader.load_text.LoadPer1.text = "Loading "+photoLoaded+"%";
}

mclListener.onLoadInit = function(target_mc:MovieClip) {
preloadFadeOut();
};

image_mcl.loadClip(img, target);
};

preloadImage("images/5.2.1a.jpg", image_mc);  // this one preloads  great!

preloadImage("images/5.2.2a.jpg", image_mc); // this does not have onLoadProgress but fires onLoadInit

any ideas? thanks!
-l