> Is there a way to identify the contents of a link element in an
> HTML-enabled text field? How can I pass the text of the link
> to a function invoked by the link?

Wait, you mean you want to pass the text of the link (inside the a tag)
via the function you're calling in the link?  You'll have to code that
into the link.  If you don't want to do that, there are possible
solutions.

One is to pass the link number in the method and have Flash reference
the htmlText again.  What I mean is, if you have 3 <a href> tags in your
htmlText, you pass which one it is, like myMethod(2).

Honestly, though, that's probably not what you're looking for, nor is it
very flexible.  So, the short answer to your question is no.

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which
it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is
privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.
Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the
information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. All contents are the
copyright property of Agency.com Ltd., its affiliates or a client of
such agencies. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
nevertheless bound to respect the worldwide legal rights of
Agency.com, its affiliates and its clients. We require that
unintended recipients delete the e-mail and destroy all electronic
copies in their system, retaining no copies in any media. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us via
e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] We appreciate your cooperation.

We make no warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of this
e-mail and accept no liability for its content or use. Any opinions
expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect the opinions of Agency.com or any of its
affiliates.