Dave Mennenoh wrote:
How to utilize the JavaScript fix when you're using FlashVars set by PHP? Is it possible for JS to retrieve data from PHP session variables? I've been doing some research this am but haven't been too lucky yet.

I'm not sure I'm seeing this correctly yet... would I be on the right path if I understand this as something like "If I'm writing my OBJECT/EMBED tags from an external JavaScript file, then how can I have PHP pass certain values to my HTML page so that I can add these to the FLASHVARs parameter in the dynamically written OBJECT and EMBED tags?"

If so, then it seems one approach would be to have your server's PHP engine dynamically write the .JS file which dynamically writes the HTML markup which then invokes the Flash Player. Another approach might be to instead have the PHP dynamically write some values into the HTML, which are then passed to a generic external .JS file which incorporates these when writing the markup which invokes the plugin.

Another approach entirely, assuming the data lives on your server, would be to have the Flash applet itself call back to your server for the customization data, assuming you don't need to act upon that data immediately upon initial display.

Are any of these close to the types of things you're working with here...?

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd