If I understand correctly, you wish to send the mail "in the background"?

Use LoadVars send() to send the variables to the .asp -page.
If you use LoadVars sendAndLoad() you can get data in return from the asp script to let flash know if your mailing was succesful and then present that information to the user.

LoadVars on livedocs:
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00002323.html

// Mikko
Hi list,

I need to pass a fiw variables from flash to an asp page in order to
send an email from my application.
I use the getURL method (getURL("[EMAIL PROTECTED]&message=hi"
)but this results a redirection from my application to the asp page.
Is there a way to pass the variables without this redirection?

Thanks in advance,

Stathis