I have created a Class that extends Array, called ArrayExtension. The only way
that I have found to add
values to this is array is in the following manner:

-----------------------
// CODE
import com.ArrayExtension

var myArray:ArrayExtension = new ArrayExtension("Hello","GoodBye","World")

//CLASS
class com.ArrayExtension extends Array
{

    public function ArrayExtension()
    {
        super()
        for(var i=0; i< arguments.length; i++)
            push(arguments[i])

The problem I am running into is if I want to add values to the array after
initializing it, I get an error message.
Here is an example:

var myArray:ArrayExtension = new ArrayExtension;

myArray = ["Hello","GoodBye","World"]