-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rich
Rodecker
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:55 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] XML->PHP->FLASH

well, yes i would recommend you look at amfphp, but while it's great and
I use it often, sometimes that could be overkill depending on your
needs.

the thing with sending xml to flash is that you have a nicely structured
object to deal with (as opposed to sending flash a url-encoded string
and parsing that).  The downside is, if you are going to use the flash's
native xml-handling methods(firstChild, childNodes[]), it maybe become
cumbersome if you are dealing with some complex xml.  As mentioned
previously, sending xml will pretty much always require sending more
data, since you have to send all the extra xml info with the response.

If you're xml is fairly light however, it may be worth your time to to
just send back the xml, and use flash's native xml object methods.
Also mentioned is XPath, which really rocks, and the combination of
sending back xml to flash and using XPath syntax to query the xml object
is pretty powerful.