Hello guys,

I added a test here: http://www.unfocus.com/projects/PatentMagic/sound.html

The good news is that the sound doesn't play in if the object is hidden with display:block. So this at least appears to work. I will add some more thorough tests using other ActiveX types and some that ping the server to see what's really happening.

It has been quite fun working with you guys on this. :-)

Thanks,

Kevin N.

elibol wrote:
I'm no expert on this, there are many others here that should know the
answer but my guess is that the object is downloaded but not rendered. You
can test this by calling a javascript function from within your flash movie.
try getURL('javascript:alert("movie running");'); from within your movie.

I just tested this, http://anticipatechange.com/huseyin/patentMagic/

I added a link that runs the disable css code and only when it is clicked
the movie object renders.

I think there is a distinct delineation that must be made between whether
objects are downloaded and whether they are active/rendered/running.

I think that if the objects are just downloaded, it makes no difference. My
only concern was hit counting scripts like hit box that would make calls
from within flash, but if the flash movie is never activated, it should not
double hits.

Nice work Karina,

M.