When I found this out It confused the hell out of me as
localToGlobal had never worked like that before - I just
assumed I'd never used it with anything scaled by hand before
and wrote that off as the reason.
Now if what you're saying is true then it gets even more confusing.

One difference may be that I'm actually attaching an MC to point MC and
trying to get it's coords? I bet when you attach an MC it doesn't
inherit the transform matrix info from its parent.

Maybe - or maybe because you're loading content from an outside SWF.

I've never tested localToGlobal with both attaching and loading; I'd guess it should work, but I can't test it right now to really know. I'll keep it in mind if I have problems with localToGlobal in the future though; thanks for the info, it has made me curious.

- Zeh