I am having problems making the hitTest function work with a movie clip
attached from the library

Basically I am making a game that involves a dolphin swimming up a river and
I want to detect when the dolphin hits the river bank.

The following works fine when the dolphin is placed on stage in authoring
mode

if(mcBanks.hitTest(mcDolphin._x, mcDolphin._y, true){

//doplhin has hit

}

See http://www.mediakitchen.co.uk/dolphin.html

Whereas when I attach the dolphin using attachMovie it does not work and
infact detects a collision at all times:

See See http://www.mediakitchen.co.uk/dolphin_new.html

Any ideas why this should not work when the dolphin is attached.

Here is a link to the fla incase you should want to see the code

http://www.mediakitchen.co.uk/dolphin_new.zip

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Paul