From: "Scott Brantley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 2:40 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] FLV Playback Issue From Network Path

FLV Playback Issue From Network Path

We are developing an application that due to network bandwidth concerns
pulls FLV files from different network paths based on a user.  This
information must be pulled via a UNC path (\\server\folder\file.flv
<file:///\\server\folder\file.flv> )

Using contentPath, .setMedia, & netstream we have tried to make this
work.  Flash 8 shut us out due to the new security model / sandbox
issue.  Now using Flash 7 we have ran into a new issue.  The flv works
correctly as long as only one person is accessing the file.  If another
person opens the application and calls the same flv file it fails to
load.

We have enabled the MIME types on our Windows Server 2003 for the FLV
extension.

We're completely stumped on this one..  as others have obviously been:

http://labs.blitzagency.com/?p=80

This may be a limitation of flash, a bug or a general mystery. We've
thought about diving into the world of third party apps such as Zinc.

Does anyone have any thoughts or a workaround/solution?  If not does
anyone have suggestions on how to use a third party app to attain the
same results?

Thanks in advance for any advice...