What do you mean by "from a different project"

In any case, I don't think you should use the same video player index for different videos. I have encountered many problems when doing that. So here is what I do..

private function _playVideo(url:String) { if (player.activeVideoPlayerIndex > 0) {
           player.closeVideoPlayer(player.activeVideoPlayerIndex);
           delete player.getVideoPlayer(player.activeVideoPlayerIndex);
       }
       player.activeVideoPlayerIndex = ++nextVpIndex;
       player.visibleVideoPlayerIndex = nextVpIndex;
       player.play(url);
   }

Note this is a method of a class and the class has an instance of FLVPlayback named "player" and a Number field "nextVpIndex" initialized at 1 so that index 0 never gets used. I do that because you can't delete the one at index 0.

Hope this helps,
Steve