I believe this point is important to emphasize:

"This is autonomous behavior. Again, we shouldn't hate the Help Vampire. Or
stake them. They know not what they do, only that they are driven to do it,
and I believe they can be saved."

Well said!

I've been a member of a group , more "strict" than any other groups. It's a place for C/C++ programmers where Help Vampires more than often get these replies :

- http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=ask+your+questions+here+first
- what OS? what Compiler? what have you done so far?
- we are not here to do your homework
- buy a book or find another hobby
- without seeing your code, we can tell that there's an error on line 42
- jerk
- Do your homework yourself and quit being an ass
- have you heard of Google?
- http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

--
Anggie Bratadinata
Web|Graphic|Flash
Jl. Raya Langsep 21
Malang - East Java
I N D O N E S I A
http://design.ibshastautama.com

elibol wrote:
Wholy crap Jonathan I give you an E for (E)xcellent thesis. I didn't have
the time nor the patience to read it, so I apologize, however, I think I
should point out that nowhere in the article does it categorize anyone as
smart or stupid.

I believe this point is important to emphasize:

"This is autonomous behavior. Again, we shouldn't hate the Help Vampire. Or
stake them. They know not what they do, only that they are driven to do it,
and I believe they can be saved."

M.