I've created a textfield with embedded fonts. The Character 'À' doesn't appear.
The font Frutiger is in my library.

When I put a textfield on my stage, embed fonts, and add 'À', then in this
textfield the À does appear, but still not in my code-created textfield. I've
also put a textfield with frutiger and À embedded on the root of my stage, but
still no À appears in my textfield.

Is there a way to embed certain characters when a font is in your library???

Code :

txt_MenuItemDescription = idiomaticComponentFactory.createTextField(this,
"description" + depth, depth);

txt_MenuItemDescription._width = 300;

txt_MenuItemDescription._x = MenuItem.XOFFSETTXT;

//txt_MenuItemDescription.html = true;

var textFormat:TextFormat = txt_MenuItemDescription.getNewTextFormat();

textFormat.font = "Frutiger";

txt_MenuItemDescription.setNewTextFormat(textFormat);

txt_MenuItemDescription.antiAliasType = "advanced";

txt_MenuItemDescription.embedFonts = true;

txt_MenuItemDescription.text = "À L'hypermarché!"

lieven cardoen

indiegroup
interactive digital experience
engelse wandeling 2 k18
b8500 kortrijk
T +32 (0)56/361 197
// communicatie bij voorkeur op [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>