From: Roman Blöth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 4/26/2006 11:50 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Font jumping cross platform

Hello there,

Adrian Penn schrieb:
I've also experienced this problem or something very similar.

I was given a handful of .fla files for a project a while back. All of these
files were authored on a Mac. When we opened them on a PC - many of the text
fields looked substantially different. The vertical positioning was off a bit
as described here but worse still, the leading between characters was
different. It looked fine when opening the same file in Flash on a Mac. The
leading appeared much tighter on the PC than on the Mac. If we fixed the
leading on the PC then it was too spaced-out on the Mac.

If memory serves, we only saw this problem with one of the fonts used in the
project. I think it was Rotis. I do not recall its format. I'm curious to go
have a look again based on this thread however.

Not being able to resolve the issue on the PC - we were left with having to do
the final compile on a Mac.
Same same...
Here we face this phenomenon every day - unfortunately normally
designers work on Mac whileas programmers work on PCs.

I assume it has to do with the fonts you use - I believe ATM fonts on a
PC (using ATM - though I thought since w2k you wouldn't need ATM any
more to use ATM fonts) work much better than TTF. And probably
(expensive) high quality fonts also work better than one of those
thousands free TTF fonts out there...

Regards,
Roman.

 gosub communications gmbh | fredersdorfer str. 10  | 10243 berlin
t [030] 29 36 39 1 - 43 | f [030] 29 66 88 84 | http://www.gosub.de