Thanks! the explanation of some of those variables and a bit of thinking got
me to do exactly what I wanted.

In case anyone is interested, what I ended up doing is just doing away with
using $PO and $PE and building the file name using $TI and adding .swf? plus
the variables I am trying to pass.  I had to add in some of the other
parameters in that list that were part of $PO/E, like quality, etc. but that
link you sent me had the information I needed for that.

Thanks!
-Alex