i never worked with shared fonts but maybe this could help you:
http://www.sharedfonts.com

Am 28.04.2006 um 09:44 schrieb Serge Jespers:

Hey guyz,

I'm working on this project that has a shared library with some movieclips and fonts...
It are those fonts that cause quite a bit of stress...

The designer on this project is on a PC and I work on a Mac... Not that that should matter but I'm taking a wild guess this is the problem...

The situation... Both his PC and my Mac have all the fonts... Same TTF files. However, if I use the shared fonts in the swf on the server, they come out looking like this: http://webkitchen.be/ downloads/sharedfonts.png
Not really what was intended...

If I make that library again, and use my shared lib instead of the one on the server, the text comes out right but is shifted down by quite a few pixels causing the design to be screwed up...

So yeah... Should we just drop the shared fonts and thereby add a some 50k to each swf? Or is there something we may not have thought about?

Thanks for your help,
Serge

plugisto
eugen pflüger