Just a quick note: it is a common mistake to capitalize the second letter of
AsBroadcaster.  If you spell it "ASBroadcaster", it will fail silently
(according to Flash help docs).

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Manuel
Saint-Victor
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:09 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Listeners / ASBroadcasters / Event
Dispatchersconfusion

ASBroadcaster.initialize(acrobat_mc);

I think you could add a method on your audience object that does
acrobat_mc.addListener( this);
and a  method
onTrickCompleted=function(){
   applaud();
}
from the acrobat_mc you would call a broadcastMessage("onTrickCompleted");

The best explanation that I found when I was trying to learn it is here:
http://www.kirupa.com/developer/actionscript/asbroadcaster.htm

not sure if this is clear but I have to run out of here to beat the Atlanta
traffic.

If it's no good I'll follow up when I get home.