Adobe is changing the dns/severs that the expressinstall lives on... and they are having some issues with it right now.

i'd recomment just disabling the expressinstall until it's fixed (hopefully soon).

On May 1, 2006, at 3:30 PM, Karina Steffens wrote:

Hi Tony,

Just a shot in the dark, but it could be because the link to the flash
player has changed. It's now
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi? P1_Prod_Version=Shockwa
veFlash&promoid=BIOW

I think Adobe has just closed down the macromedia website.
www.macromedia.com is redirected to www.adobe.com

Karina

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Watkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 01 May 2006 19:19
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] flashObject expressinstall error

I'm using flashObject with express install. Worked fine last
Friday, but this morning I'm getting the little Flash dialog
box with the message "A download error occurred. Try to
download again?" Same error in ie pc, safari and firefox mac.
I¹ve now confirmed this with someone else.

http://www.figleaf.com http://training.figleaf.com