Brody -

Thanks for that bit. Very good info to have.

I decided to bite the bullet and write my own approach, which has all of the functionality as shared fonts manager and the added ability to load in a set of configuration files - and doesn't cost anything.

I was actually surprised how easy it ended up being. I think I'll keep with the two-file approach because there's an .mxp to build the sources automatically. Plus, the two file approach seems to avoid the problems pointed out in that article.

Finally, shared fonts. Somewhere around 10 hours of research and only 2 hours of actual programming to make an AS2 class for this. I guess 5 times as much research time to figure it out wasn't too bad. heh.

cheers,

Jon