Are you using the WebServiceConnector component, the WebService classes, or
something else?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Forums
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:17 AM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] Web Service Call Timing Out Within Flash (Any Way
ToSet A Timeout Var???)

I have a simple Web Service method setup which I have used many many times
and never had any issues with, however...

I have recently used it on an online shopping application which calls a
"process" service to process a user's purchase (authenticate CC data, etc).

Sometimes this call can take a bit of time (a minute or two) and because of
this my "onResult" within Flash never gets called so the entire app just
hangs.

The developers setup a dummy service with a 2 minute delay so all the
service does is wait and return some dummy data after 2 minutes, this of
course causes the app to hang just like the process transaction.

Is there anyway to know what the Timeout is for the service classes within
Flash or better yet is there a way to set these props?

I have posted my method below:

      public function fetch (methodCallName:String):Void

      {

            trace("fetch --> " + methodCallName);

            //

            arguments.shift ();

            //

            this.$callBackObj =
this.$webService[methodCallName].apply(this.$webService, arguments);

            //

            this.$callBackObj._self = this;

            //

            this.$callBackObj.onResult = function (result)

            {

                  this._self.$resultObj = result;

                  //

                  this._self.broadcastMessage("onWebServiceResult",
this._self, methodCallName);

                  //

                  trace ("WSDL loaded -- " + result);

                  //

                  this._self.destroyCallBack ();

            };

            //

            this.$callBackObj.onFault = function (fault)

            {

                  this._self.$resultObj = false;

                  //

                  this._self.broadcastMessage("onWebServiceResult",
this._self, methodCallName);

                  //

                  trace ("WSDL fault -- " + fault.faultstring);

                  //

                  this._self.destroyCallBack ();

            };

      }