Check setTransform on the help docs. But briefly, to invert a movieclip
(make it 'negative', you can do:

new Color(myMC).setTransform({ra:-100, rb:255, ga:-100, gb:255, ba:-100,
bb:255});

Yes, I found some similar code too, only doesn't seem to work. You can't
invert it again to get white back. I think I will just recreate the
buttons each time you switch from section. This part is handled by code
anyways, the client want different colors when background is white...
sucks lol.

Well, it is an absolute color transformation, so if you apply it again it won't invert 'again', it will just set it to that inverted version. To invert again, you actually have to reset its color transform, as in...

new Color(myMC).setTransform({ra:100, rb:0, ga:100, gb:0, ba:100, bb:0});

- Zeh