Thanks much for your previous responses, very helpful.

One more question - how can I duplicate or attach a child clip of one clip
into another clip?

For example, if I have two clips on the timeline, can I somehow copy the
first child of one clip into another?

DuplicateMovieClip does not seem to provide this functionality. It seems
only allow you to create a duplicate that is attached to the same parent
clip. I want to be able to copy child clips from my loaded external clip,
into various clips in my project.

Thanks,

August