Audry Taylor wrote:
So is anyone here worried about what the hyper-secure Windows Vista might do to Flash accessibility for the average user, especially since Microsoft hates Adobe?

The companies work together in some areas, compete in some areas, and are in totally different businesses in most areas... from what I've seen, "hate" is more in the press and Slashdot than in the world.

For "accessibility", if we mean screenreaders, then it's hard for me to see Microsoft breaking the Active Accessibility APIs, and if they did, the screenreaders would likely have trouble with such a change too.

(If "accessibility" means "distributing Flash Player with Vista", then I haven't anticipated that they would (Flash Player was the only non-MS software bundled with WinXP because it showed their welcome screen, and when it ships Vista will likely have a richer media layer of its own), and I wouldn't care much either way... Flash Player 7 and 8 had far larger adoption rates than any version of Windows ever did. OS bundling is nice, but not as useful overall anymore.)

Is the above the type of info you were seeking...?

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd