I'm really hoping someone can help...

I need to plot points at an equal distance along the circumfrence of an
Ellipse.
As it turns out, I'm pretty bad at geometry, which doesn't help.

I can plot the ellipse, but because I'm using sine/cos and incrementing with
theta the points are crunched towards the outside of the major radius.
I've tried a bunch of different approaches- recording lots (5000) of points,
then stepping through each to compare actual distance but I'm not getting
nearly accurate results this way.
I've looked at drawing dotted/dashed curves from drawing api/custom classes
but no luck.

If I could affect theta at the same rate the ellipse is plotted I think I'd
be ok, but I can't quite grasp it.

I've read all sorts of impossiblilites about this,and a lot of people having
miserable experience with this sort of thing (one guy spent 8 years trying
to fit an equal-sided polygon in to an ellipse).

But- at the end of the day I can go to the Flash IDE and draw an ellipse and
stroke it with an equally spaced dotted line!  I just need to do this
dynamically and record the points...

Any thoughts?

Thanks much,

Peter