-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of edwin
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:24 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] attaching onMouseDown to dynamic movieClips

I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here, or help me
find a
better way of doing this.

I've got a simple movieClip in my Library set up as Export for
ActionScript.
I would like to place several instances of it onstage, and then assign
each instance some mouse behaviours. The code is as follows:

for (var i = 0; i < 3; i++) {
    var myX = 150 * i;
    var mcName = "myBox_mc" + i;
    this.attachMovie("box_mc", mcName, i, {_width:100, _height:100,
_x:myX,
_y:100});
    this[mcName].onMouseDown = function() {
        trace(this);
stop();

The instances appear onstage correctly, but I get the same output when I
click on any of the three movieClips:

_level0.myBox_mc2
_level0.myBox_mc1
_level0.myBox_mc0

It seems like clicking on any one of the instances is equivalent to
clicking
on all of them.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks