On 5/14/06, Jiri Heitlager <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am looking for a way to capture webcam images from Flash and save them
as .bmp's. Using PHP is not a possibilty because it cannot save images
as a .bmp.
Is it in theory possible to use screenweaver. So in Flash I would run
trough all the pixels getting there value and store these values in an
Array. Then use screenweaver to save the array to a file. But how do I
build an .bmp then.
Would this be possible to save a bmp from flash or does someone knows a
solution using php.

Why do you need to use bmp? I would say just use png...it's lossless, like
bmp, but it is also compressed, giving smaller file sizes, and it also has
the advantage of being able to load into Flash 8+

-David R