gotta love gmail ;) here's the rest of the email...

while, it doesn't pause the player (only the flash debugger with the debug
player can do this btw), it DOES do everything else the flash debugger does
and a ton more.

You can look at any complex object at runtime, you can send that object to
Xray's trace ( _global.tt() ) and it will recursively trace out the entire
object.

Likewise, you can inspect any object in the property inspector AND change
it's properties at runtime.

If that wasn't enough, you can run actionscript using the execute/trace
window - actionscript not compiled with the swf, but that you write and run
using xray at runtime.

Since I can't pause the player and do debugging the way you've specified,
I've basically abandoned that way completely and found other ways (using
xray) that work prefectly well.  In fact, I've never felt at a loss not
being able to use break points - though, if I had that ability, I'm sure I'd
enjoy using them.  With xray's trace and runtime tools, I've never felt
handicapped at all.

I do wish they'd open up the ability to use breakpoints with external
debuggers.  I wish Xray could be the tool that met your needs the way YOUR
used to debugging.  Who knows, maybe they will with Flash 9 - we can only
hope ;)

JG