between. I have read about this in various place and what not. I just
wanted to hear from somebody else who also had experience with this
issue. the solution is just to export flv's at a high frame rate. so you
get way more keyframes. right?
after sayng and asking that. how does youtube seek? they must be using
flash media server that has some more capabilities??

Youtube uses simple, progressive download. They don't use Flash Media Server (they don't need to, so if they're using it's for something else).

Seeking, yes, you can only "seek" to keyframes. You can try seeking to keyframes then going forward, it's fast for most purposes, but you can't do, say, a smooth rewind with that. You can do a frame-by-frame move forward though.

If you want the real ultimate complete seeking capability, you don't need "high frame rate". You need different stuff - like still having 30fps, but using one keyframe for each 1 or 2 frames. So it would be a "high keyframe rate" maybe. The best value depends on your solution. Too many keyframes basically nulls out the advantage of using a video file though.

From what I've tested, YouTube uses the same old 1key frame each 30 frames.

- Zeh