From: "John Grden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] ObjectEncoding for LocalConnection

Hey Muz, thanks for taking the time ;)

I saw this page, as I usually visit live docs when  the local version
doesn't have the answer.  This line in the link you sent is different from
the one I sent earlier:

"The ObjectEncoding class allows classes that serialize objects (such as
NetStream, NetConnection, SharedObject, and ByteArray) to interoperate with
prior versions of ActionScript." - Note how LocalConnection's not mentioned
there.  And in the LocalConnection class, defaultObjectEncoding /
objectEncoding is not included in the list of properties:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/1/flex20beta3/langref//flash/net/LocalConnection.html#methodSummary

I've tried setting it with:

lc.defaultObjectEncoding = ObjectEncoding.AMF0;
lc["defaultObjectEncoding"] = ObjectEncoding.AMF0;
lc.objectEncoding = ObjectEncoding.AMF0;
lc["objectEncoding"] = ObjectEncoding.AMF0;

also, I can't seem to locate the classes on my harddrive, does anyone know
where they're at?

Thanks again Muz

JG