Yeah, that's what I figured.  I was hoping it was more of a "Tint" type
effect, as if I manually added a tint on MovieClipB.  Thanks!

"Zeh Fernando" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
05/23/2006 02:16 PM
Please respond to
Flashcoders mailing list <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Flashcoders] setRGB for Several Instances of MovieClip

> of MovieClipB inside of it?  In theory, I should be able to set the
color
> of MovieClipB, and thereby change the appearance of all instances of
> MovieClipA?  Doesn't work though -- it only changes the appearance of
the
> instance of MovieClipA in which I changed the color of MovieClipB.

It doesn't work because it isn't supposed to work like that (your theory
isn't correct).

All instances are that - instances. Whatever you change on one instance
isn't reflected on the other. They're completely different objects now,
even
if they have been created from the same original symbol.

> Is there any way to do this?

You have to change the color of all instances you want the color to be
changed.

IE,

var myMovies = [this.movieclipa, this.movieclipb, this.movieclipc];
for (var i in myMovies) new Color(myMovies[i]).setRGB(0xwhatevercolor);

Or any longer version of that.

- Zeh