From: "clark slater" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Re: Biased Random Particle Distribution
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 11:58:57 -0700

Thanks Ron,

I'm working on a dynamic portfolio component for a client and I've been
given static designs that I have to match.

The beginning of the portfolio has a couple hundred *tiny* icons that appear spread across the stage in a non overlapping random pattern. Thing is, it's
not a normal distribution - with many more of the icons appearing to the
upper left (origin) of the stage...then spreading out in a random but
decreasingly dense pattern across the stage.

So it turned out that using the squared random value worked really well in
this particular case. I was kind of surprised how well it works actually.

That link's a wonderful resource for these kind of things, thanks a million.

Clark